Walking today by the river,
I encountered one of my former acquaintances.
He indicated that he was currently on vacation
From his construction job in Alberta.
We briefly touched on several topics of conversation
Including school, family, job and religion.
He, not believing in the hereafter,
Informed me that he is already in heaven
Because everyday he looks out on
The majestic Rocky Mountains and
Watches the white clouds fly
Across the blue prairie sky.
I had known this young man for many years
But, when he made that statement
Revealing his appreciation of beauty and of nature,
I saw into his heart for the first time
And now know who he really is.
Lone Dog's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Insight by Lone Dog )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Quality Of Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- her humor, Bull Hawking
- For CARL, Mae Ethan
- AT THE MOMENT, Mae Ethan
- Mirror - Like Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heart Attack, Bradley835289 Dunivan633418
- The BLISS Train IS Rollin'! ! !, Monk E. Biz
- Akungba Igbeyin, Tosin Abegunde
- Potential Individuality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Ballad Of The Cowardly Fornicator, Andrea Mejia