I often think of many things,
My mind just seems to soar,
It wanders far to distant lands
I've never seen before.
The towers rise into the air
Magnificent and tall.
The snow capped mountains even higher
To form a living wall.
I see the castles on the Rhine
Against the hillsides fair.
I think of all the people then
Who might be living there.
At last my mind returns once more
To mundane chores that call,
I have my inspirations now
So, I don't mind at all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inspirations by Maxine Taylor )
- Baonai nonga bodofa, Shri R Brahma
- loudness in my eyes, Ivana Valasikova
- daddy issues, Ivana Valasikova
- [Challenge] Entrees for September- You C.., Brian Johnston
- Dead men walk!, bryan wallace
- Tangnai Horni Simang, Shri R Brahma
- Baonw Haya Ang, Shri R Brahma
- If People Were Pooches, Rachel LeBaron
- My heart needs a rest, Jesus James Llorico
- Empty life حياة فارغة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)