I often think of many things,
My mind just seems to soar,
It wanders far to distant lands
I've never seen before.
The towers rise into the air
Magnificent and tall.
The snow capped mountains even higher
To form a living wall.
I see the castles on the Rhine
Against the hillsides fair.
I think of all the people then
Who might be living there.
At last my mind returns once more
To mundane chores that call,
I have my inspirations now
So, I don't mind at all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inspirations by Maxine Taylor )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray
- Tagore Song (#11) Who is this piano pla.., Tushar Ray
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello