Intensity of Love
I think I'm in love but I'm not quite sure
He's sensitive, kind with a heart so pure.
I look in his eyes and like a box of chocolates I'm always surprised at what I feel.
It may be love or just insane infatuation.
But I sit here pretending what we have is real.
I imagine holding him, stroking his cheek
as our fingers intertwine and my eyes begin to leak...
Blood not tears because this love is too strong.
Oh how deep in love I believe I am with him.
My sanity has grown dim.
I fantasize about keeping him close.
I'd hide him away so no one else knows
because my love for him is way too sacred; never to be exposed.
It stays locked up between us, untouched by black crows.
He will try to escape but there is no doubt
that I'll cut his throat before he gets out.
He will love me and his life is his.
He will love someone else and they both shall seize to live.
Please understand that I am not crazy
I'm simply faintly in love.
However, when I love it is strong and gives me the power of will.
Yes, my love will move me to kill.
Only True's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Intensity of Love by Only True )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Revolution Brings Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Unity (Haiku), Diwakar Pokhriyal
- A Visit to the Unique Place, rohan bendre
- Yes, Mother Nature Teaches Bards..., Dr John Celes
- Tonic Pain, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- In the Absence of Light, F. J. Thomas
- Give me a drink, Diana Rosser
- White Power, F. J. Thomas
- Sweet Dreams, Sambanath Denis
- My unjust God, Nalini Chaturvedi