She is a self-made intrigante
equipped with the tools of her trade:
a beautiful body and Brains.
Auburn hair dangles like a skein,
loosely draped over both shoulders.
Envious women condemn her,
men find her Irresistible.
Machinations are her forte.
Like an international spy
each complicated, cunning scheme
is an executed science
without the use of any force.
I should know, I am a victim
of her notorious intrigue.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Intriguer by Albert Ahearn )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland
- Mona Lisa, The Enigmatic Masterpiece, Rajesh Thankappan