I know I did…
I’m sure I did…
But my mind’s so foggy now
Wispy blond hair
Laughing blue eyes
That child was mine – but how?
Roll on the years…
The tears, the fears…
I do not see him anymore
Life crashes, life bashes
Break me, break him
He’s at sea now and I am ashore.
The sea he’s on is indifferent…
The shore’s further than ever before…
My body recalls…
What my heart always knew…
That I have a boy, eyes bluer than blue
Sometimes I forget that
He is so far away
Then I see the pictures, confirming it’s true.
I know you are out there…
That we share the same sky…
That invisible cord still connects us you see
Though not a trace to refer to
No scent, no new memory
Just know you are loved...
that you first belonged to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Invisible Child by Bernadette Mulcahy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Inner Composition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Firefly, John Shea
- Tranquil Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- साना हाबबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men And Women, Matthias Pantaleon
- Haiku: Haiku Cuts Haiku... (This is not .., Brian Johnston
- Kindness Of A Stranger, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To my sister on the death of our father, Roger A. Rose
- If a Hippo Said Boo, Stephen Katona
- Real, The Princess