Silently, very silently my heart cried
Stream of blood has been flown inside me.
But all are in vain.
Many a moonlit night, bright brisk day
Remain unproductive and morose.
Still a rosy bud silently waits for the honey bee
After long, long waiting
After very long vigil night
I’ve kept aside all untold desires.
Silently time passed away
A old star died, new one came in the sky
Alone, I still remain alone
Lonely noon became a gray afternoon
Alone I’ve seen the world
I’ve suppressed all desires of mind
I’ve suppressed all emotions...
Like the sudden eruptions of volcanoes
Darling, you please come …
Come with that old privilege of allure
Knock the close door again and again.
Prick me, thrill me, enchant me…
Escort me in the magical moonlit world
Let the sweat of your wing drops on my wing
Let the fountain engulfs with joy
Let your sweet ambrosia flown over me…
Sudipta Biswas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Invitation by Sudipta Biswas )
- In Fantasia, Harry Freeman
- Its 3: 00 A.M, Ajay Vyas
- No Love Lost For My Questioning Love, Sfisesihle Nxumalo
- God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- earthenware are you?, Mandolyn ...
- light bulbs flicker for a reason, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)