Dr John Celes
Invoking God’s Help
God, break the bonds of evil men;
Annul their corrupt ties;
How long can common man suffer?
Should he, until he dies?
God, punish men who harm others
And steal and cheat the poor;
The beggars sleeping by road-side
Get killed and maimed each hour!
God, protect those who work for peace
And bring to end the wars;
The leaders who make blunders must
Be put behind the bars!
God, make the earth a better place
For men to live with joy;
No nation must threaten the next
Or subjugate by ploy!
God, reward men who labor hard
For righteousness in life;
Their honesty must give success
Despite their growing strife!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 12-18-2006
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Invoking God’s Help by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Make Your Own Path (Secret Message), Ronald Chapman
- Cognizance, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Dark Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- My Brook, Helen Hay Whitney
- Expectancy, Terrance Tracy
- deaith, Ewa Busayourmi
- Boy O' Dreams, Helen Hay Whitney
- Does the Pearl Know?, Helen Hay Whitney
- Sigh Not for Love, Helen Hay Whitney
- A Woman's Pride, Helen Hay Whitney