Dr John Celes
Invoking God’s Help
God, break the bonds of evil men;
Annul their corrupt ties;
How long can common man suffer?
Should he, until he dies?
God, punish men who harm others
And steal and cheat the poor;
The beggars sleeping by road-side
Get killed and maimed each hour!
God, protect those who work for peace
And bring to end the wars;
The leaders who make blunders must
Be put behind the bars!
God, make the earth a better place
For men to live with joy;
No nation must threaten the next
Or subjugate by ploy!
God, reward men who labor hard
For righteousness in life;
Their honesty must give success
Despite their growing strife!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 12-18-2006
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Invoking God’s Help by Dr John Celes )
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
- Together Alone, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)