Dr John Celes
Invoking God’s Help
God, break the bonds of evil men;
Annul their corrupt ties;
How long can common man suffer?
Should he, until he dies?
God, punish men who harm others
And steal and cheat the poor;
The beggars sleeping by road-side
Get killed and maimed each hour!
God, protect those who work for peace
And bring to end the wars;
The leaders who make blunders must
Be put behind the bars!
God, make the earth a better place
For men to live with joy;
No nation must threaten the next
Or subjugate by ploy!
God, reward men who labor hard
For righteousness in life;
Their honesty must give success
Despite their growing strife!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 12-18-2006
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Invoking God’s Help by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones
- Hanging above the blue, Janet Armstrong
- Truth in Prose, Patrick van der Loos
- Mindless Muddle, alex sarich
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL