They have brought Saddam to justice and handed freedom back
Or at least that is what you tell me to the people of Iraq
But i always thought that freedom included freedom to live free of fear
Whilst every day from Iraq of more deaths through violence we do hear.
If you think Iraq is such a great place to live in you should try living there
And with the basic freedoms that you now enjoy your notes you can compare
For you do not seem enlightened on matters of liberty
On your ideas of Iraq i for one could not agree.
And your ideas of freedom seem quite laughable to me
How can one even know of basic freedom if of fear one can't live free
You should spend your next holiday in Iraq with your wife and family
Otherwise your ideas of freedom i cannot take seriously.
When you talk of Iraqi freedom talk is cheap and words are easily said
The only news we hear from Iraq is of more Iraqi dead
As a holiday destination Iraq i would not recommend
Unless of course you are suicidal and you wish your life to end.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Iraqi Freedom by Francis Duggan )
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- NEUROSCIENCE HIDDEN TREASURE, Dominic George
- THE LILIES MORE ADORNED, Dominic George
- BEYOND POSSIBLE COMPREHENSION, Dominic George
- ROUND AND ROLL WE GO, Dominic George
- MODERN CROOK: DARK SECRET SOCIETY, Dominic George
- THE UNSUNG SIDE OF MAGIC (Acrostic poem:.., Dominic George
- DEVASTATED MOTHER, Dominic George
- CLOWN'S SNEER, Dominic George
- THE IRK CRY OF A LONELY GHOUL, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)