A heart full of grief
A daily dose of agony,
That terrorizes me
And tears that fall slowly.
A longing to be happy,
However... so far trapped,
In a heartache
That is always recapped.
A constant reminder
Of the destroyed pieces,
That everyday fall to the floor
Untouched or relieved.
A constant reminder of the pain,
Is just one more thing of suffrage
That will never be vanquished
Or relieved to save or salvaged.
The burden is too hard to bare
And is no longer able to be saved
Along with the life
Of mine who is now repaid.
My heart is no longer my own,
But belongs to the pain I hold
And the tears that I unfold.
They haunt me day and night
To see just how far
They can drag me by the chest
And pull me across the floor.
I scream to break free,
But nobody hears me.
Nobody cares how I feel,
Or who I want to be.
My heartache has overcome
Me by my mistakes and lies
That I have told
Just to hide all my broken ties.
I now live in the dark
Where this life of mine,
Will soon fade away in the darkness,
Where of me, no one will find.
Shelby Lanier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Irreplaceable Agony by Shelby Lanier )
- Seven That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)