IS IT THE WAY
A Jawan deployed to curb insurgency was abducted
and later on found brutally strangulated by the insurgents
The mutilated body was seen deserted in the desolate jungle path
He was the lone earning member of a poor farmer's family
On whose income the five member family was solely dependent
The body was brought to the native village in a cavalcade
for its last rites, the mother got fainted and went in to coma
When all others in the family screamed, the septuagenarian father
looked at the deceased body closely and questioned to the gathering
utterly blank, is it the way to raise revolution
and bring a change in the present political and social system?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IS IT THE WAY by Ratnakar Rout )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak