Is the grass greener on the other side?
Why do they say that the grass is greener
Far greener on the other side? ,
We always said that our grass would always stay green
But instead I think it has died.
Our grass looks so tired and sad
With no sign of fresh green shoots anywhere,
I guess our grass has perished
Through lack of love and care.
It used to be like a lush pasture
The envy of all others,
But now all the green blades have faded
I guess we are no longer lovers.
So I roamed onto the grass on the otherside
To see if what they say is true,
I went where the grass is greener
But now that grass is dying too.
GORDON BUTCHERS's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is the grass greener on the other side? by GORDON BUTCHERS )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- First Date (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Love Forever, Sandra Feldman
- Feeling Love, Ronald Chapman
- Hussein, Nassy Fesharaki
- Farmer, Ronald Chapman
- A NEW POEM TO HER, MOHAMMAD SKATI