James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
ISOLATED OTTAWA ARISTOCRATS ... DEC 26TH,2012
ISOLATED OTTAWA ARISTOCRATS … DEC 26TH,2012
Isolated arrogant aristocrats are well connected,
They are not going anywhere soon because they're well protected,
And death-with-dignity is not on any of their programs up front,
No binding referendums or plebiscites, so you can just grunt.
You and I and all of us in photographs will soon be long gone,
We can't plan for our untimely deaths because it's wrong,
But the Swiss and those in Oregon are allowed to do this,
But not Canadians and the aristocrats don't give a piss.
I know; I know; it's probably a sin to plan your death,
But why suffer for years in pain, waiting for your last breath?
Poor Sue Rodriguez tried it and was point-blank refused,
It is very obvious that she was extremely abused.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley