No Amendments Please
The Americans can make amendments to their Bill of Rights,
It seems to solve the problems of many political fights,
But Canadians have a problem in trying to change our Charter,
Written back around the time of President Jimmy Carter.
Too many provinces, people, groups and complications involved,
Too much finger pointing, accusations and matters unresolved,
Under the command of appointees politically correct,
Appointed senators or appointed judges have the same affect.
The Swiss have binding referendums, which we are denied,
Even Oregon has death with dignity, which we can’t abide,
Because our aristocrat appointees all want to stay and stay,
You can’t change anything, so you… just better go away.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Amendments Please by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Prej lindjes së një fëmije, skender iljaz braka
- Little Girl, Kyle Schlicher
- Deep Water Haiku Trilogy, Kyle Schlicher
- I tease, hasmukh amathalal
- the sinful lover, RIC S. BASTASA
- retriever for a pet (very rough), lee fones
- Iraq in History, Ima Ryma
- the yes in me, RIC S. BASTASA
- Kalidasa, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE PRETTY SEA AND THE HARD ROCKS, MOHAMMAD SKATI