It could be within us
Happily she walked towards home.
Bubbling and rippling like river foam.
A man passed by dressed well.
Entered her nostrils fishy smell.
She looked at the man and walked.
Away from him she quickly stalked.
As she walked a soldier crossed her.
Neatly dressed, wearing cap of fur.
She smelt bad odor of mulch rotten.
She gazed at him with face sullen.
As she came very near to her house.
A woman stood in saree and blouse.
Bad odor of scum and rancid butter.
As if the woman came from gutter.
She entered and disgust could be seen.
Thinking why don't they stay clean.
Her son came running with a smile.
Holding his nose stopped awhile.
Said ' mom why don't you bathe,
Your sweat is smelly, you're sunbathed'.
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It could be within us by Md. Asadullah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Moon Landing Celebration, Ima Ryma
- DREAMS ARE LIKE WAVES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Brilliant Story-Telling, Margaret Alice Second
- Friendship Miles, Littlewing28 Pani
- Eternal Wings of Love, Pintu Mahakul
- Lost, Yasin Engno
- THE PRETTY SUN, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- March against austerity, Bob Johnson
- To remain peaceful, hasmukh amathalal
- Broken, Yasin Engno