It could be within us
Happily she walked towards home.
Bubbling and rippling like river foam.
A man passed by dressed well.
Entered her nostrils fishy smell.
She looked at the man and walked.
Away from him she quickly stalked.
As she walked a soldier crossed her.
Neatly dressed, wearing cap of fur.
She smelt bad odor of mulch rotten.
She gazed at him with face sullen.
As she came very near to her house.
A woman stood in saree and blouse.
Bad odor of scum and rancid butter.
As if the woman came from gutter.
She entered and disgust could be seen.
Thinking why don't they stay clean.
Her son came running with a smile.
Holding his nose stopped awhile.
Said ' mom why don't you bathe,
Your sweat is smelly, you're sunbathed'.
Md. Asadullah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It could be within us by Md. Asadullah )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush
- Irony of the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher
- My Life Once Used To Be, Kelly Shanks