It Is Enough!
It is just enough for me,
To have three meals a day,
A few drinks to be gay,
Knocking beds that sway,
Everyone's roof that stay,
As Flooring of another's way,
The monthly salary that pays,
For food, fun and utilities,
Insurance for my illness,
Stamps for my weakness,
Taxes to support the sovereign,
Slaving this body as the carbon,
There is no tomorrow in my calendar,
It is just enough for my survival.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Is Enough! by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma
- Yadwigha, On A Red Couch, Among Lillies, Sylvia Plath
- Verbal Calisthenics, Sylvia Plath
- RESPECT ISN'T FOR BODY SIZE., Changez Ndzai
- The Goring, Sylvia Plath
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath
- To A Jilted Lover, Sylvia Plath
- Event, Sylvia Plath
- To Eva Descending The Stair, Sylvia Plath