Edward Kofi Louis
It Is Time For Africa
It is time for Africa to show to the world what we are made of,
And throughg this World Cup 2010 with our muse!
For the world will see what we are made of and,
Of our various cultures to muse up with the games.
With dancing and music to welcome you all like the butterfies,
Becasue we are made up of many colours!
We will tell the world who we are with this 2010 World Cup,
So you are all invited to South Africa;
Of nature, culture, colours, languages and the beauty of South Africa!
For the ball will roll and legs will play,
And we will share the beauty of all the games with joy!
Because the hospitality of Africa brings you closer to our heritage;
And through one love, peace and unity to muse up with you all!
Come one come all,
For it is time for Africa to show to the world what we are made of;
And this World Cup 2010 will praise the muse of colours and beauty.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Is Time For Africa by Edward Kofi Louis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Festival for unity(Republic -Day Celebra.., Aftab Alam
- Love Note 5, Michael P. McParland
- Attempts for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE GREAT UNKNOWN - Determined the world, sEaN nOrTh
- A Small Rest 2, Michael P. McParland