^~ It's Not Easy, ~^
It's not easy, to pretend I don't care.
When you left me my whole life fell apart.
Each night in my dreams I still see you there.
Always, you shall hold a piece of my heart.
It's not easy, to go on without you.
On the outside everyone see's me smile.
Friends think I'm happy, but it is not true.
'Tis just a façade, to front my denial.
It's not easy, my darling to pretend.
I still long for you, each and everyday.
There's no escape this pain will never end.
There's no joy in this charade that I play.
It's not easy, and it shan't ever be.
I pray, one day you will return to me ~
Thad Wilk's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (^~ It's Not Easy, ~^ by Thad Wilk )
- ಅತ್ಯಧಿಕ ಪ್ರಸಂಗ, Deepak Malapur
- Lost Melody, Patrick Ladbrooke
- A Rich Man's World, Fareez Nasir
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #4, Brian Johnston
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1774 - 1843)