It’s Okay to Rest
In a fast-paced world,
Trying to stay on top,
You push, push, push—
Push until you drop.
Trying to take advantage
Of every op—
Determined to let nothing
Hinder or stop.
You work, work, work;
Work up lots of stress.
But just remember—
It’s okay to rest.
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It’s Okay to Rest by Walterrean Salley )
Did you read them?
- Anti-depressant, Steve Lang
- My Hometown., Tony Adah
- O Come Sit By Me Awhile, Julian Mann
- How to Fall in Love, Wojciech D Kolesnik
- Flying bird, gajanan mishra
- What is the Grass?, Lee Ann Brown
- Some poets are there, gajanan mishra
- The Gamekeeper, David Lewis Paget
- Observing Teenagers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Promises, Saul hernandez
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Unborn, Sharon Olds
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)