It’s Okay to Rest
In a fast-paced world,
Trying to stay on top,
You push, push, push—
Push until you drop.
Trying to take advantage
Of every op—
Determined to let nothing
Hinder or stop.
You work, work, work;
Work up lots of stress.
But just remember—
It’s okay to rest.
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It’s Okay to Rest by Walterrean Salley )
Did you read them?
- head for the hills!, Macy Dvirnak
- तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय, Aftab Alam
- मैं क्या सोंचता हूँ, Aftab Alam
- NOT FAR OFF: A NEW BEGINNING, M.J Donnchadh
- Intoxicated Heart, Gianni Pansensoy
- From Adam, Gert Strydom
- Albino, Gert Strydom
- A Word, a Relationship Translation of Kh.., Akhtar Jawad
- Mi Still Chat It, Tyrone Gayle
- Midnight Flatulance, David Cadywold