J M Merson
She can walk 20 miles
each day in a pilgrimage with
a 30 pound backpack.
With her mimicry of 1000 voices,
her constant cheer and her
waterfall of creative invention,
she can make a stone statue laugh and
cause autistic children to dance....
She lives as simply as a
cave dwelling monk....on a houseboat
with 1 electrical outlet.
She has a blackbelt in karate,
can work on cars and motorbikes..
cook a feast for a throng... sell tires...
care for the elders, orphans and
animals in her small town,
write articles and poems in her
She prays for those
who spitefully use her
The foibles of human beings
greatly amuse her.
Angels supply her needs in myriad
ways. Neighbors bring her extension
cords when her electricity is unpaid.
People spontaneously offer her a place
to shower, laundry facilities, food.
She often starts the day at 4 am with
prayer and readings from spiritual
books, then walks 4 miles to her church
before going to her job.
We who know her desire
more to be like her, for she
responds to demonic curve balls
with spiritual home runs.
She is a woman of great energy and
enduring Spirit. Because
she is One with God, the gates of hell
will never prevail against her.
Saiom Shriver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (J M Merson by Saiom Shriver )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let god do what he wants to, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Mr.Fanatic, Is Mr.Terrorist Your Loving .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Die Young, Maverick Jones
- All and all, gajanan mishra
- War is already going on- -, Aftab Alam
- She Took Them Away, Kelley Collins
- Bis repetita non placent, Marcel Aouizerate
- Red Revolution, Aftab Alam
- La guerre jusqu'au cessez-le-feu, Marcel Aouizerate
- Regions, Marcel Aouizerate