The U.S. Supreme Court got spine
When John Marshall, early and long,
Earned the 'Great Chief Justice' tag line,
Molding the Court into stuff strong.
Presidents, Congresses and states
Lost in the power game of chess,
As Marshall's Court moves won checkmates.
He set the Supreme Court, one could guess,
That's lasted through from then to now,
In how the Court can play the game.
If We the People wonder how,
John Marshall gets the praise or blame.
When Marshall died - little known fact -
The Liberty Bell rang and cracked.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (John Marshall by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen