In the belly of a fish
'It's stink in here! '
He turned and kicked,
For his life
Until he became unconscious.
Then he found himself on shore
'O my God, fresh air never tasted so good.'
He spun, lifted sand, and washed himself off:
And exclaimed: 'Nineveh sure looks good to me.'
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jonah by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Turn wet, hasmukh amathalal
- In Finity, douglas scotney
- My Pack, Maverick Jones
- 'Know What Stranger', Shania K. Younce
- Lifetime Purposes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes With It Done To Bring Tears, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Shadows Of A People, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Life is Music, Maverick Jones
- Hospice Volunteer Thank You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If you are to abandon, gajanan mishra