Tis a new season
and new a chapter
cause after the marriage
its the morning after.
GOD has done a lot
within in my life.
I've made some mistakes
in choosing a wife.
But time goes on
and seasons do change.
For nothing in this world
will remain the same.
We met without knowing
that our paths may cross.
God mixed the seasonings
into making this sauce.
A pinch of care
so we won't get sick
poured in forgiving and love
to make our sauce thick.
And now our journey
will be placed over heat
Going thru the fire
of marriage is so sweet.
The heat has caused
God's seasonings to blend
Becoming as one
The journey began....
http: //www.1blackchild.com <- Check out my site
Corey Campbell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (JOURNEY BEGAN by Corey Campbell )
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)