Dr John Celes
For thirty silver pieces
Betrayed the Lord Jesus
To foes at Gethsemane!
Judas was one apostle
Treasurer for the group
He handled money when
He stole some on the sly!
He felt remorse for his act
But then it was too late
He flung the silver down
And committed suicide!
‘Better if he were not born’ –
Such was the curse on him!
But Bible’s prophecy
Had to happen this way.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 28-05-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Judas Iscariot by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mother's Job, Edgar Albert Guest
- Education Coming Full Circle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What Father Knows, Edgar Albert Guest
- To The Boy, Edgar Albert Guest
- His Example, Edgar Albert Guest
- Impediment, Sunny Chopra
- Bravery, Edgar Albert Guest
- Endurance, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Year's New Wish, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Successful Dad, Edgar Albert Guest