Now every June will come and go
Without the mother I loved so.
The painful struggle she endured
With grace....I felt so hopeless, Lord.
When Spring comes 'round again next year
Only memories I'll have near.
Please take the bitter, leave the sweet,
Then hopeful may each Spring I greet.
Copyright ©2004 Pene Burkey
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (June by Pene Burkey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak