Just A Wish Upon A Star
Rivers cut and wind through the lush countryside,
Your love cut's and wind's through my besotted heart,
As consistent as the sea tide,
With echoes of our laughter and our smiles so wide.
A drum beat, reminds me of us dancing in the old school hall,
I remember the time, you tried to jump over quite a high wall,
You fell to your knees, getting bruised and cut,
I jokingly called you my sweet mutt.
But my heart moved to always save you from pain,
We walked the two miles home, you pointed out the galaxy of stars,
You turned and told me, they shone from my eyes too,
Then we just wished upon a star, as we admired the glittering view.
To always love each other, like a rose that eternally blooms,
No time for any days of gloom,
We walked back to our digs and our simple room,
As the dawn broke with the tuneful chorus of birds.
Singing with such joy at our emotions sealed,
As we promised never to leave each other
With the glorious sound of nature's appeal
Even the trees acknowledging how we feel.
Our hearts melting into one,
We will talk and walk into the distant land of eternity,
Always dancing and having plenty of fun,
Forever under the warm light of our own sun.
Hazel Durham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just A Wish Upon A Star by Hazel Durham )
Did you read them?
- Truth is in south, gajanan mishra
- Student, Paul Sebastian
- "While drifting away..." / Bla.., Jeff Gangwer
- Teacher, Paul Sebastian
- A Wrenched Knee, Jeff Gangwer
- Leader, Paul Sebastian
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Like the Touch of Rain, Edward Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)