Just One Can Make A Difference
They say that I am clueless about reality.
They say ''Nobody really cares about morality.''
They say ''People are evil and hurt you when they can''.
They say ''You're such a fool to even try to save one man''.
They say ''You have to face it and accept whatever is''.
I say ''That may be your plan, but I doubt that it is HIS''.
I plan to make a difference for all our kids to see.
I don't need your discouragement, just try to stand by me.
If we don't even try to change this crazy messed up place
how can we bare to look our children squarely in the face?
I won't give in to what you say, I'll walk this lonely path.
I'd rather err this side of love than sit and watch the wrath.
I'd like to think you're with me and that you truly see
just one can make a difference....please try to hear my plea.
Mary Nagy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just One Can Make A Difference by Mary Nagy )
- Much Love, Michael McParland
- Soothing Innermost Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Good Heart Needs No Book Smarts, Curtlan Popo
- Allowing Sweetened Romance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wonder, shafeeqrahman rahman
- Disguised, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shuffling, ramesh rai
- Clouds., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The flood., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Rider, Naomi Shihab Nye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)