Just One Can Make A Difference
They say that I am clueless about reality.
They say ''Nobody really cares about morality.''
They say ''People are evil and hurt you when they can''.
They say ''You're such a fool to even try to save one man''.
They say ''You have to face it and accept whatever is''.
I say ''That may be your plan, but I doubt that it is HIS''.
I plan to make a difference for all our kids to see.
I don't need your discouragement, just try to stand by me.
If we don't even try to change this crazy messed up place
how can we bare to look our children squarely in the face?
I won't give in to what you say, I'll walk this lonely path.
I'd rather err this side of love than sit and watch the wrath.
I'd like to think you're with me and that you truly see
just one can make a difference....please try to hear my plea.
Mary Nagy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just One Can Make A Difference by Mary Nagy )
- Independent Soul, Colin Hurley
- With A Sweet Smile, SILVI TRIPATHY
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Sensible Solution, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A TEASPOON SMILE, ANKIT DEDHA
- Learning Human Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sliding Into Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nervous Self, You, Lucas Pate
- I Indulge, michael walkerjohn
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Felicia Dorothea Hemans
(25 September 1793 – 16 May 1835)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)