All day long they sit on rotted rocks
Playing melodies for their captors;
Ears wide open but nothing heard
In this wilderness of gloom.
Slipping beneath the clouds of redemption,
These wretched souls remember
When blooded tributaries flow;
Even as seagulls danced on wet moons,
Counting years of tear-drops.
Carried on winds of progress,
They rise on serpentine laughter,
Even if concealed by greed and lusts.
Bellies lined with corruption
Become territories of bewilderment;
Babies' cries go unnoticed,
As coffers are filled with loots and spoils;
To murder comes easy,
Easier than fitting diapers.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just Thinking by Buxton Shippy )
- One Forgets, Naveed Akram
- See The Water, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak