Would Jesus Like This?
If you are in pain,
Let me say a prayer,
Then take you to a healer.
If you are hungry,
I will not pray,
Let me feed you.
If you are naked,
I will not take you to the sanctuary,
Let me give you my coat.
If you are despised,
Let me quote you a good word.
If you are lonely,
Let me be your friend.
If you are lost,
Let me lead you to the Savior.
After all you have done for me,
Why should I be ashamed of you?
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Would Jesus Like This? by Buxton Shippy )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Bachelorette for Life, Donal Mahoney
- Engaged, Sarah Wiltshire
- The Call Of Two Trumpets, Tony Adah
- I sleep, gajanan mishra
- I Looked Up At The Sky And Didn't See You, Kyle Schlicher
- Quatrain number 4, Leong Ming Loong
- The world we are facing, Abby Sze
- Game of power, Funmilayo Adebimpe
- The Road Must End Somewhere, Kyle Schlicher
- Seeing Eyes, Sadiqullah Khan