I'm finding it hard to find a way
to tell you just how much
I'm in love with you today.
I hope I'm doing this right
as I'm feeling lost in explaning this.
I love you for the things that you do,
for the way you make me feel.
I hold you near to me,
more than I care to say.
For the way that you bring bright light
into my dull gray point of view.
For all the time you held out your hand
for me to keep walking.
For all the late nights we sit
and you let me talk and complain,
there is no other like you.
I'm finding I let you in,
maybe more than I should
but I'm willing to give this a go
and love you back more then you know.
I'm holding my heart out just for you
to tell you 'yes, I do love you to'.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kale. by maria goodison )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Something Systemic, Francie Lynch
- Alone This Morning, Francie Lynch
- Tell Then To Go, Francie Lynch
- Cutters, Francie Lynch
- Seeing the Happiness of Souls, Sayeed Abubakar
- Let it come to war, James Jarrett
- Pee-On, Francie Lynch
- Oloso(Harlot), Olufayo Ezekiel
- Honest Lies, Francie Lynch
- Polarize, Francie Lynch