I'm finding it hard to find a way
to tell you just how much
I'm in love with you today.
I hope I'm doing this right
as I'm feeling lost in explaning this.
I love you for the things that you do,
for the way you make me feel.
I hold you near to me,
more than I care to say.
For the way that you bring bright light
into my dull gray point of view.
For all the time you held out your hand
for me to keep walking.
For all the late nights we sit
and you let me talk and complain,
there is no other like you.
I'm finding I let you in,
maybe more than I should
but I'm willing to give this a go
and love you back more then you know.
I'm holding my heart out just for you
to tell you 'yes, I do love you to'.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kale. by maria goodison )
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Elikal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Harvest Moon II, Naveed Khalid
- The Red Moon, Naveed Khalid
- Tinnitus - New York Style, Geoffrey Fafard
- Love's Metaphor, Naveed Khalid