Keep The Word
Keep the word of life quickly,
The quick life completes itself,
For quiet lives remotely convey
Their residences of the plain.
The entrance of the day is a mighty
Gap, quickly combine its arch
With the floor of solid planks,
Giving a forgiving attitude
Lightly and completely.
Sins of the house seem rooms
That simmer in the pot,
Vegetables cook like guesswork,
Meat has been stewed forever.
My words are silent due to God,
His are the actions of His words,
Fulfilling everything due to clarity
As far as the horizon and heavens,
Far-seeming is the absence of his mighty
Taste, food has been so sly.
The houses are like computers,
These patriotic friends remind me of
Wars, as the bombardment swells
And the flight of a jet persuades
Like a propeller of worth and delicious nature.
Eat of the Lord’s provisions
As they lie there in front of you.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keep The Word by Naveed Akram )
- Unpacking Gold, Arno Le Roux
- Storybook Story, Arno Le Roux
- God's Violin, Arno Le Roux
- Willow, weep for us, Peter Jay Shippy
- Masking War, Arno Le Roux
- Wedding Album, Jeannette Heywood
- I Can't Believe That You're in Love With.., Peter Jay Shippy
- Thatched hut., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Cobbled stones, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Give me freedom, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(1679 - 1718)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)