Olayinka Modupe Oregbemi
Know You Not? (For Koffi Awonoor)
Know you not who you killed?
Know you not the great bard who create words
To heal humanity of swollen hate wounds and breaks?
Who can grasp this devastation in a gate western?
Know you not the void,
The yapping emptiness
You created in weeping hearts
With the brutal gun fired that sad day?
Know you not that you carry the cruel curse of Cain
To mooch and meander in the sweltering sun
Tired and weary with a lost cause
That painted tomorrow in bloody, red epitaph
If you know,
Please tell me
For your sinful holiness is a miserable riddle
No one wants to fathom!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Know You Not? (For Koffi Awonoor) by Olayinka Modupe Oregbemi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A paddle, george albot
- BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL, MYK NWACHUKWU
- HAROLD'S COFFEE, Suzae Chevalier
- Bright Pink Lipstick, Electric Lady
- More Pleasing To The Eye, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Commitments, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe