Kowali - Lincoln Park Zoo
Kowali, an African ape,
Female gorilla more exact,
Lived in the Lincoln Park Zoo scape
Since 1978 - fact!
But being of endangered kind,
She's on a mission to go where
Human planners are of a mind,
She's better off not here, but there.
And so she packed her lady bag,
And headed off to a new group,
By land so there'd be no jet lag,
One last sight seeing through the Loop.
Kowali's move to Knoxville Zoo.
What's a gorilla s'posed to do!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kowali - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey