Kwan - Lincoln Park Zoo
I am Kwan. I am patriarch
Of my gorilla family.
Home is the Zoo in Lincoln Park,
With all the females and male me.
It is a never ending task
Trying to show the wives the ways.
If they're unsure, I urge them ask,
Cuz we have daughters we must raise.
Nayembi and Patty know Dad
Is always on hand to point out
If they've been good, if they've been bad.
And they're both mostly good, no doubt!
Compared to the young human crowd,
My daughters make this papa proud.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kwan - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
- Our Leader, Narendra Kuppan
- Nothing Left, John Masaitis
- Coffee And Tea, Edward Kofi Louis
- Toys?, John Masaitis
- To Stand Up For The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe