La Luna Del Cacciatore – The Hunter’s Moon
Let’s play a game,
guess my name and live.
yet I remained.
Stalking the night on feather light toes
I hear whispers on the wind.
I remain without shadow
while a life bleeds away.
My next victim waits,
your saviour around the corner.
I taste the death of strangers
and mourn the death of friends.
I loved and lost,
I felt the skin of another.
The sweetest blood could never taste
like my lovers kiss.
I sense your thoughts and fears
as we walk through the city dusk.
Taking notes and searching
for your own immortality.
I can show you death,
or everlasting life.
The choice is yours,
when the time comes.
I have a family,
they all slumber now.
The lichen, my brother
and my enemy.
My life’s tattooed to my being
in my second chance.
Flesh to ashes, ashes to dust
I will live on.
My coffin shades me
in my daytime coma.
Locked deep underground
with no disturbance.
What I wouldn’t give
to watch one last sunrise
before perpetual slumber.
Have you guessed yet?
Kirstyanne SharkeyDaly's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (La Luna Del Cacciatore – The Hunter’s Moon by Kirstyanne SharkeyDaly )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Don't Know If History Repeats Itself, Yehuda Amichai
- school, logan dillie
- THE MOMENT (BARACK HUSSAIN OBAMA’S INAUG.., sania harris
- Limerick: There was a young person whose.., Edward Lear
- ~ His[s]tory ~, MS. NIVEDITA BAGCHI SPC. UK.
Poem of the Day
- Uncle Styopa part2 by N. Mickhalkov, Yuri Starostin
- Secret Loves, Sandra Feldman
- Structural Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Winter, Sara Grace Je'tom Bradley
- Life's trash, Yisel Chong
- I Just, Michael P. McParland
- What She Is, Levi Crum
- I Am So Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Sacrafice, Levi Crum
- The Dent, Levi Crum