I played in your arms as a child,
Your cool waters, soft and mild.
You hugged me, and loved me
and showed me the way.
You smiled and told me,
there is always a way.
I thought I knew you,
and you knew me,
but I asked, 'Why can't anybody else see? '
A sad mistake,
and a bad path to take.
Because I knew, you knew me.
Nia Schexnider's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lake Michigan by Nia Schexnider )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid