Dr John Celes
Lamentations of an Abortus
God knew me ev’n before I was conceived;
He blessed me to be formed wholesome in womb;
He had great ideas for me to do;
I was so eager therefore, to be born.
Just when I was all set to be born live,
I knocked the womb’s door. My mom did not heed;
I knocked for long and pleaded to be born;
How I wished to make my parents happy!
I longed to see my daddy and my mom;
I yearned to be fondled and kissed by them;
I loved to show the baby doll, I was;
My dreams were shattered: I was aborted!
Oh, mother dear, what folly had I done?
Did I ask God to be born as your son?
Was I not life like daddy and my mom?
I had been murdered for no crime of mine.
The love of God which formed me must be shocked;
How foolish men and women try to be;
They do not hesitate to kill their own;
How mean to kill the baby that’s unborn!
Forgive my mother’s mortal sin, O God!
For, if you don’t, she’s bound to land in hell;
Forgive my father’s iniquities, Lord;
Forgive them both; I wish they will REPENT.
O God, I pray to meet them in Heaven;
Shower your mercy on them both, O Lord;
Forgive them for their heinous crime and sin;
Control your wrath and forgive mom and dad.
This is my prayer to you Lord, O God;
This is my final wish for now, I’m dead;
Please spare my parents from your stern just rod;
Dear God, by devils, they were both misled!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 3-16-2008
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lamentations of an Abortus by Dr John Celes )
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)