Dr John Celes
Lamentations of an Abortus
God knew me ev’n before I was conceived;
He blessed me to be formed wholesome in womb;
He had great ideas for me to do;
I was so eager therefore, to be born.
Just when I was all set to be born live,
I knocked the womb’s door. My mom did not heed;
I knocked for long and pleaded to be born;
How I wished to make my parents happy!
I longed to see my daddy and my mom;
I yearned to be fondled and kissed by them;
I loved to show the baby doll, I was;
My dreams were shattered: I was aborted!
Oh, mother dear, what folly had I done?
Did I ask God to be born as your son?
Was I not life like daddy and my mom?
I had been murdered for no crime of mine.
The love of God which formed me must be shocked;
How foolish men and women try to be;
They do not hesitate to kill their own;
How mean to kill the baby that’s unborn!
Forgive my mother’s mortal sin, O God!
For, if you don’t, she’s bound to land in hell;
Forgive my father’s iniquities, Lord;
Forgive them both; I wish they will REPENT.
O God, I pray to meet them in Heaven;
Shower your mercy on them both, O Lord;
Forgive them for their heinous crime and sin;
Control your wrath and forgive mom and dad.
This is my prayer to you Lord, O God;
This is my final wish for now, I’m dead;
Please spare my parents from your stern just rod;
Dear God, by devils, they were both misled!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 3-16-2008
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lamentations of an Abortus by Dr John Celes )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Beach Sand, Raymond A. Foss
- He Is Producing One Child After Another .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Beach Glass, Raymond A. Foss
- eitihasik bhoolein, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Naat (Jo dilon ko fatha kar le wuhi fata.., Akhtar Jawad
- Ode to a Mood, David Podlipny
- bharat ki gareebi, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Real hell, Amitie Abedi
- I'll Never Leave You, Michael P. McParland
- NeverEnding Story Tanka, Chenou Liu