Dr John Celes
Lamentations of an Abortus
God knew me ev’n before I was conceived;
He blessed me to be formed wholesome in womb;
He had great ideas for me to do;
I was so eager therefore, to be born.
Just when I was all set to be born live,
I knocked the womb’s door. My mom did not heed;
I knocked for long and pleaded to be born;
How I wished to make my parents happy!
I longed to see my daddy and my mom;
I yearned to be fondled and kissed by them;
I loved to show the baby doll, I was;
My dreams were shattered: I was aborted!
Oh, mother dear, what folly had I done?
Did I ask God to be born as your son?
Was I not life like daddy and my mom?
I had been murdered for no crime of mine.
The love of God which formed me must be shocked;
How foolish men and women try to be;
They do not hesitate to kill their own;
How mean to kill the baby that’s unborn!
Forgive my mother’s mortal sin, O God!
For, if you don’t, she’s bound to land in hell;
Forgive my father’s iniquities, Lord;
Forgive them both; I wish they will REPENT.
O God, I pray to meet them in Heaven;
Shower your mercy on them both, O Lord;
Forgive them for their heinous crime and sin;
Control your wrath and forgive mom and dad.
This is my prayer to you Lord, O God;
This is my final wish for now, I’m dead;
Please spare my parents from your stern just rod;
Dear God, by devils, they were both misled!
Copyright by Dr John Celes 3-16-2008
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lamentations of an Abortus by Dr John Celes )
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
- By The Thames as Late September Night Fa.., Shaun William Hayes
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lost Star, Rabindranath Tagore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)