Thoughts of a nature contrary to God came
to my mind
I was still. . .
I watched and I saw the Spirit dissolve
the mental images
It broke up the forms until nothing was left
I knew the emptiness was God
I stepped into it and was flooded with peace.
To A Wood Thrush Your liquid tones of melody
Strike deep within my soul
Awakening a tenderness
Too sweet for heart to hold.
My spirit reaches out to thee
And blends with immortality.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Last Night by Evelyn Stark )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You Need Not Say Anything Else, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The time has changed, hasmukh amathalal
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU