Thoughts of a nature contrary to God came
to my mind
I was still. . .
I watched and I saw the Spirit dissolve
the mental images
It broke up the forms until nothing was left
I knew the emptiness was God
I stepped into it and was flooded with peace.
To A Wood Thrush Your liquid tones of melody
Strike deep within my soul
Awakening a tenderness
Too sweet for heart to hold.
My spirit reaches out to thee
And blends with immortality.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Last Night by Evelyn Stark )
- For You, Foster Teegarden
- Erectile Dysfunction, Foster Teegarden
- AS SEPTEMBER 21 KNOCKS AT MY DOOR ONCE A.., M.D Dinesh Nair
- The moment اللحظة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SES, Andy Caldwell
- drunken beauty, lee fones
- My beloved, Reza parhizgar
- Ghost Orchid, Pasquale DiMeola
- Captivity, Mark Heathcote
- Old Wall Clock Haiku, Chenou Liu
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)