Last One Standing
I'm beginning to burn up
Nine months, I've been cramped in this cocoon for nine months
I have questions but no voice to ask them with
I have questions but no one to answer
What are the words for the appendages attached to me
Why, have for nine months
why have I seen nothing but darkness
but hear everything
Why, for nine months, have I been...
What's the word...evolving?
What is this strange process
Wait, wait why am I being constricted, suffocated
wait my thoughts, my questions...I still have so much to ask
wait...what is my...
Bright light...where am I...what is this place
...a cry? Did that come from me?
this rush of electricity...is this breathing?
the rumored breathing of feeling alive?
And this..is this fair-haired, grey eyed man my...father?
'Hello my son, welcome to this world'
Father? ...what is my name...?
No, no...where is my voice...where are my words...
why are cries the only thing I can form...
yet I feel light and heavy...
who is this tired, hazel eyed woman
Tears? Why does she cry...
Is she my...mother?
Mother...what is my name...?
Russell Nero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Last One Standing by Russell Nero )
- Dorian, Edward Kofi Louis
- Alexi, Edward Kofi Louis
- L.Messi 오피뷰 부산오피 KTwiz 분당오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- The well of Secrets, Kenneth Maswabi
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 부산오피 분당오피걸의 모든것 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- The Poor's Struggle, Miethi Goswami
- I Am Myself, Edward Kofi Louis
- Nine Days To Silence - Day One, Alan Reynolds
- Lovely Minds, Edward Kofi Louis
- Berbatov, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Angel, William Blake
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Drummer Hodge, Thomas Hardy
- Bright Star, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1895 - 1985)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)