Jay C. Hershberg
Late Lamented Language Of Love
Couldst liken language of to-day
to phrasings of the bards of old?
Couldst find the romance, once that was
for hearts to coddle and enfold?
And, souls couldst hug with loving hold? Wouldst thou of sweet romantic mores
but know the lovingness of yore.
Young lady fair for swain to count
in gentle ways that were before.
Ah, pity, those days live no more! As wispy sylphs on breezes bonne,
melodic poems fall upon me.
Mine heart's ears hear a minstrel's song.
Mine soul's eyes grace and beauty see.
Forever lost? No more to be? Couldst but I give these back to thee,
from deep within my heart and soul.
Sweet mystery, once more, of dreams.
To list again to love bell's toll.
For thee, dear heart, this be my goal.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Late Lamented Language Of Love by Jay C. Hershberg )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Governor-Chancellor, I Am A Jadavpuria.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Jadavpur Campus, The Naxal And His Love .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Eternal Joys, ramesh rai
- Poetry of The Earth, Want I To Write, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Willingly offer, hasmukh amathalal
- Excitement knows no bounds, gajanan mishra
- We are suffering., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..