I love to get a dance right.
When a dance does go wrong
makes me laugh uncontrollably.
I hold my sides -
I am convulsed with laughter,
I am literally paralyzed,
I see people befuddled,
looking utterly lost.
they are wandering around aimlessly,
or rooted to the spot
like a deer caught in headlights.
No joke makes me laugh uncontrollably.
Yes, I may guffaw, I may laugh -
but uncontrollable laughter,
happens very-very seldom in my life.
But it happened in my last dance.
I was convulsed with laughter -
convulsed is the only correct word.
How often, in life, are you convulsed in laughter? -
and of course, being convulsed,
I was clogging up the middle,
causing further confusion.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Laughter by agnes parker )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- CANDOR 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- ummeedein, rohit kumar choudhary
- RATIONALITY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SMARTASS PHONES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- kal aur aaj, rohit kumar choudhary
- Rocket C'est Moi 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- IMITATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Pugad ng pag ibig, Jesus James Llorico
- EXPECTATIONS 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- My friend, joe foster