Everyone is laughing
as if to show me how it's done,
they take a claim on having fun,
laughing ever louder.
Unless my laughter does ring true,
for now, my smile will have to do.
A gentle smile, an encouraging smile,
an appreciative smile;
these go a mile.
Let laughter be a special guest
riding along on a heartfelt crest,
ringing true and fair,
like opened cracked-up smiles,
voicing their delight in merriment and joy,
failing to annoy.
Elke Nigro's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Laughter by Elke Nigro )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz