Every second it beats.
Yet I cant feel a difference from the one before
If it happens I ascend and leave the current and go to the permanent what happens to the beat.
Does it live on?
It left me as I gasped continuously.
It lived in me and me by it
No reason can I think of besides wanting to be alone, resting from the crowds.
In this maze I cant find my way back.
Engaging in a soliloquy they heard me and tried to stop me.
Unfortunately it was meant to happen
The joy, sadness and love I made you feel.
You will no longer for I have ascended to a better place.
One I am welcome in. A place unknown to the living is better than home.
I still look down and I'm nostalgic but nothings says I must return.
It is because of fate.
And because of fate it is.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Angler's Ballad, Charles Cotton
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Haiku - Life, chandra thiagarajan
- An educational song., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Not permanent, hasmukh amathalal
- UNKNOWN, Fatima Obaid
- My Fight, Rusty (Ed) Gibson
- Remembering Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- In HIm Alone, david kush
- Irony of the world., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Don't Cry, Kyle Schlicher
- My Life Once Used To Be, Kelly Shanks