Every second it beats.
Yet I cant feel a difference from the one before
If it happens I ascend and leave the current and go to the permanent what happens to the beat.
Does it live on?
It left me as I gasped continuously.
It lived in me and me by it
No reason can I think of besides wanting to be alone, resting from the crowds.
In this maze I cant find my way back.
Engaging in a soliloquy they heard me and tried to stop me.
Unfortunately it was meant to happen
The joy, sadness and love I made you feel.
You will no longer for I have ascended to a better place.
One I am welcome in. A place unknown to the living is better than home.
I still look down and I'm nostalgic but nothings says I must return.
It is because of fate.
And because of fate it is.
Sinomhlobo Marwanqa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving by Sinomhlobo Marwanqa )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray
- Selfish, Naomi Mith
- Tagorer Song (#12) My Invisible Flute, Tushar Ray
- Tagore Song (#11) Who is this piano pla.., Tushar Ray
- THOUGHT-LIFE (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Music, Life's Soundtrack (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Love Note 16, Michael P. McParland
- Change, David Lessard
- ENVY DEFINED, Cynthia BuhainBaello