Your fingertips seem just out of reach,
like the lifeline to a drowning man.
Tears haze my eyes,
like the morning mist.
You are going,
but why, I don’t understand..
There has been no words between us,
no anger, no cries of rage.
Your suitcase is by the door,
is my life turning another page?
What went wrong between us,
that you feel you can not stay?
Has someone rekindled an old flame?
Has the one burning for me gone out?
Before the door closes between us,
please think of what you do.
Think of the seeds of sadness,
you are about to sow.
If you have any doubts,
close the door and don’t go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Budget and the poem, gajanan mishra
- Killer in the Shadows, Maverick Jones
- Get Name And Number, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- No loss, gajanan mishra
- I Would, Aaron Waingrow
- Casa Vitae, Madrason writer
- You Need Not Say Anything Else, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The time has changed, hasmukh amathalal
- The Fair Maiden, Kyle Tadda
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson