Your fingertips seem just out of reach,
like the lifeline to a drowning man.
Tears haze my eyes,
like the morning mist.
You are going,
but why, I don’t understand..
There has been no words between us,
no anger, no cries of rage.
Your suitcase is by the door,
is my life turning another page?
What went wrong between us,
that you feel you can not stay?
Has someone rekindled an old flame?
Has the one burning for me gone out?
Before the door closes between us,
please think of what you do.
Think of the seeds of sadness,
you are about to sow.
If you have any doubts,
close the door and don’t go.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis
- Together, Kindred velarde
- As Stories Go, Lee Gelis
- Truth Prevails, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- By all means stay, Kindred velarde
- The Only Thing Received, Kindred velarde
- Says he was in Falluja, Gouda Moon
- Labyrinth of Ghost, Aftab Alam
- Waiting for unknown, sultan mahmud
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov