Your fingertips seem just out of reach,
like the lifeline to a drowning man.
Tears haze my eyes,
like the morning mist.
You are going,
but why, I don’t understand..
There has been no words between us,
no anger, no cries of rage.
Your suitcase is by the door,
is my life turning another page?
What went wrong between us,
that you feel you can not stay?
Has someone rekindled an old flame?
Has the one burning for me gone out?
Before the door closes between us,
please think of what you do.
Think of the seeds of sadness,
you are about to sow.
If you have any doubts,
close the door and don’t go.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid
- Power of Truth, Somanathan Iyer
- To The Moon II, Naveed Khalid