Led By God
God has led me all these years, through all trials, joys and tears,
Through times I did not understand, led by His omnipotent hand,
Through each year and every trial, God was there, with no denial,
Giving me an undeniable peace, that to this day does not cease.
Even being as a faithless fool, God to me would remain faithful,
For God couldn't deny himself, while my belief, I lived in stealth,
Even when I had strayed from Him, falling back into ways of sin,
God was faithfully at my side, while leading back to again abide.
Even before I ever knew Christ, He had taken the lead, in my life,
As God had led me to the place, where I received Christ by faith,
A faith which continually grows, as His ways to me Christ shows,
Through trials and joys of life, as I am led by The Spirit of Christ.
So now as I move on to the future, in Christ's ways I can be sure,
For as I reflect on all my past, God's Faithfulness has been cast,
Both on my heart and in my mind, as In Jesus Christ alone I find,
A faithfulness, in which I must, place in God, an unwavering trust.
I'll continue to trust in God's lead, as He takes care of each need,
Lighting the path, He has me take, as my life, God won't forsake,
For in The Lord, I understand, I can trust God's Omnipotent hand,
Going through anything in my life, this as I'm led by Jesus Christ.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Led By God by Bob Gotti )
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Pictures Of Fame, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vaders gaan niet dood, Madrason writer
- Desires Finding Their Places, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Joyful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Last Horizon, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- i want to weigh the moon with you, Mandolyn ...
- Italian Birthday Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Most Published Poet, Tom Zart
- Fruitless love, Nero CaroZiv
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer