They say love overcomes all.
But what do you do when half your life
Is lived without love?
When someone leaves you behind
Without saying goodbye?
Sure, it wasn't my fault
And I don't regret you leaving me,
To fend for myself.
But sometimes I do wish
that you would come to see me.
I know you have your life
But I believe I was part of it.
Is that what you want?
For me to leave?
I try to think of ideas
To make you see me.
But you still never ask about me,
But you still really don't care.
You left me behind.
As if I was the runt
And your life was the the litter.
Is that how you see me?
Somehow, I find it in myself to make exuses
But recently, I realize there is no excuse.
No excuse for leaving me.
Then I think about it
And come to conclude
I don't need you.
I have my own figure to follow
Someone else to look up to.
Even if it hurts me inside,
I have lived almost fourteen years
Without you or your love.
I can live the rest of my life
Jay Lukaksi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Um, this is about someone who obviously left. This person is supposed to be an important figure in your life, and I never got to know him.
I say I don't regret the leaving because someone has filled this spot since I can remember, and did a wonderful job at it. They still are. So, here is the poem I wrote.
I really hats having to add a title. Why should I write a poem for someone who left me? Because that person did a absolutely HORRIBLE job at their job. So adding a title? Psshh, I did that because I was forced.
Comments about this poem (Left Behind by Jay Lukaksi )
- Through the down lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)