Let All Bygones Be Bygone
There is a saying a lovely saying let all bygones be bygone
For acts of revenge leads to counter revenge and ill feeling lives on
Where hate and mistrust is rife sanity cannot prevail
Revenge and counter revenge only leads to crime and jail.
Let all bygones be bygones those words to them have a nice ring
But 'tis never of the peacemakers that the balladeers do sing
When we do glorify violence in a musical way
We are trying to tell the World that violence is okay.
You treat people around you with the respect they are due
And it is more than likely that they will respect you
In life and in life's karma if in karma you believe
What you do unto others in kind you will receive.
'Tis harder by far to make a friend than to make an enemy
And let all bygones be bygones that's how it ought to be
Revenge only leads to counter revenge and hatred only grow
And in the karma of life we receive what we sow.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let All Bygones Be Bygone by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)