Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt who just recently passed away)
You have suffered auntie long enough,
You were brave strong and tough.
The battle you fought was long and hard,
But it’s okay auntie let go and let God.
It has hurt all of us when you left that day,
It left me broken hearted with nothing to say.
I don’t want to be selfish say please don’t leave,
Because I did not want to hurt or grieve.
I know in my heart you are in a better place,
But I swear im going to miss your beautiful face.
I am going to miss the talks we would have,
And the stories I would tell that would make you laugh.
God just needed you to come home,
Yes we know it has made your family sore.
You will always be remembered every single day,
From the smile on your face to the things you would say.
You have taken your space in heaven right where you belong,
Right up there with Charles, Grandma, Diane, and my mom.
Yes we all know that we need to be strong,
But through our family your memory will live on.
You don’t need to fight anymore just let go and let God,
While you were here on earth you did your job.
You did your part to keep family together,
that’s why you will remain in our hearts always and forever.
Miss Remy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt who just recently passed away) by Miss Remy )
- HOWL DOWN THE SCREAMING WIND, Colin Ian Jeffery
- E bukura lule e tetorit, skender iljaz braka
- Washing Upon The Shore, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Will Not Die, Paul Sebastian
- the world the flesh and the devill, ademola oluwabusayo
- If This Were My Last Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Just the Right Madness: A Found Poem, Frank Avon
- COPLA 111 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Nature's Sanctuary, Khairul Ahsan
- Gray Tears, herbert guitang
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)