Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt who just recently passed away)
You have suffered auntie long enough,
You were brave strong and tough.
The battle you fought was long and hard,
But it’s okay auntie let go and let God.
It has hurt all of us when you left that day,
It left me broken hearted with nothing to say.
I don’t want to be selfish say please don’t leave,
Because I did not want to hurt or grieve.
I know in my heart you are in a better place,
But I swear im going to miss your beautiful face.
I am going to miss the talks we would have,
And the stories I would tell that would make you laugh.
God just needed you to come home,
Yes we know it has made your family sore.
You will always be remembered every single day,
From the smile on your face to the things you would say.
You have taken your space in heaven right where you belong,
Right up there with Charles, Grandma, Diane, and my mom.
Yes we all know that we need to be strong,
But through our family your memory will live on.
You don’t need to fight anymore just let go and let God,
While you were here on earth you did your job.
You did your part to keep family together,
that’s why you will remain in our hearts always and forever.
Miss Remy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let Go and Let God (dedicated to my aunt who just recently passed away) by Miss Remy )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The Land, Marites C. Cayetano
- Touch and claim, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman