Margaret Alice (The Crystal Age / Pretoria - South Africa)
Let’s Forget About Tomorrow ‘Cause…
Tonight I danced my sorrows away, jumping to
Pampoen and high-stepping to the tune of
Kaboemmielies too – tomorrow I’ll face the
project that is casting such a dark spell making
my life into a living hell – but tonight it’s Die
Alibama and Kaapse Klopse Danse, stepping to
and fro as they do, Loslappie also, all just right
to chase worries away, let’s forget about
tomorrow ‘cause tomorrow never comes!
Pampoen = song
Kaboemmielies = song
Die Alibama = traditional Cape song
Loslappie = song
Tomorrow = song “Domani”
Margaret Alice's Other Poems
- ' 2011/04/30 For Carine (Rev.)
- ' 2011/04/28 Something Dreadful
- ' 2011/04/03 Sad Images (Rev.)
- ' 2011/04/13 A Perfect Sphinx
- ' Quite Satisfied '
- ' 2011/04/01 Honour And Respect (Rev.)
- ' 2011/04/01 Twice As Much Life
- ' 2011/04/06 Lost My Soul (Rev)
- ' 2011/04/15 My Spirit
- ' 2011/05/02 A Magic Vigil (Rev.)
- ' 2011/05/05 Smile At Me Again
- ' 2011/06/02 Multiverse
- ' Arabic Gospel '
- ' Total Freedom '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.