Glen Martin Fitch
LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Though seldom seen
he's always hanging 'round.
You're never safe.
He'll elbowed his way in.
I fear if I deny him
he'll confound my plan,
surprise me with his killer grin.
I keep out of his way,
because I hope
if I ignore him,
he'll ignore me too.
I tease him sometimes
(it's a way to cope)
a moth and flame game,
one cannot undo.
I fear he likes his humor
gross and grim.
I've lately thought
'Should I make him my friend
till he gets bored with me? '
I bet the end will come too soon
when I've forgotten him.
(though I seem morbid,
what deal have YOU made
with that Reaper dude?
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LET'S MAKE A DEAL by Glen Martin Fitch )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- My Country, Dorothea Mackeller
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- I Do Love, michael walkerjohn
- My Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- Christmas Holiday Guest, louis rams
- Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- I Thought of You Today, Vera Sidhwa
- I Love You Kira 5, Michael P. McParland
- "JU kwa JUU", michael walkerjohn
- Blood that killed two, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- fade away, Maya Hanson (mye3)
- Come Two Three, michael walkerjohn