Glen Martin Fitch
LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Though seldom seen
he's always hanging 'round.
You're never safe.
He'll elbowed his way in.
I fear if I deny him
he'll confound my plan,
surprise me with his killer grin.
I keep out of his way,
because I hope
if I ignore him,
he'll ignore me too.
I tease him sometimes
(it's a way to cope)
a moth and flame game,
one cannot undo.
I fear he likes his humor
gross and grim.
I've lately thought
'Should I make him my friend
till he gets bored with me? '
I bet the end will come too soon
when I've forgotten him.
(though I seem morbid,
what deal have YOU made
with that Reaper dude?
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LET'S MAKE A DEAL by Glen Martin Fitch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Balances, Smoky Hoss
- Alone And Wretched, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- A Wanderer, Noah Body
- Adil Jussawalla A Poet Of The Fragmented.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Villanelle: Nothing so upturns creative .., T (no first name) Wignesan
- यादों का आवागमन............, sanjay kumar maurya
- Chiquitita, Matthias Pantaleon
- Through Heaven's Backdoor, Smoky Hoss
- A Little Daughter, What Have I In Poor I.., Bijay Kant Dubey