Letter From Heaven (Children)
Mommy, Daddy, how I miss you
and I know you're missing me.
There are windows here in heaven
and every day I look and see
my toys all in the toybox
and my dolls up on the shelf
but I can't pull them in my wagon now
nor hold them to myself.
My little rocker's empty
and your arms feel empty too.
I can see the sadness in your face.
Mommy, Daddy, I love you.
My music box is quiet
but I don't need to hear it play.
Mommy, Daddy, it's not needed now -
angels here sing every day.
Please don't worry that I'm lonely,
there are children everywhere.
We are all His little angels
and there's so much love up here.
Mommy, Daddy, please don't cry for me,
heaven's such a lovely place.
God says you did your very best
and your love shows in my face.
Mommy, Daddy, when you need me
just look up and say a prayer.
I will see you through the windows
and I'll hear your voice up here.
C.J. Heck's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Letter From Heaven (Children) by C.J. Heck )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Mad truth....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Summer's End, Rebecca Leidner
- Before the Storm, Justin Reamer
- A Fast Approaching Storm (tanka), hap rochelle
- Rescue Dog, Rebecca Leidner
- Dream Of The Sequined School Assembly Wi.., mary douglas
- Passage, Rebecca Leidner
- Love, Howard, Rebecca Leidner
- LOOK AT ME!, Denis Martindale
- It's All Lemon Chiffon, mary douglas